This is the journal of my endeavours to grow a range of fruit, veg and flowers from seed, grow organically, and my attempts to create a personal paradise with 1/2 acre of maintained gardens and 1/2 acre wild meadows. Northern Ireland's average daily high temperatures are 18 °C (64 °F) in July and 6 °C (43 °F) in January. Soil type: Clay

Sunday 31 July 2011

Rose Week 2 of 2

Part 2 of Lady Dixon Park Rose Week - photos of some of the beautiful roses, including two 'royal' roses and Ireland's own 'Wild Rover'. (The only one I have in my garden is Arthur Bell.)

6 comments:

  1. Wow, beautiful. I appreciate roses in someone else's garden. We just have too many pests and ailments for me to bother much with roses. Some fine photography!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are all lovely! I kept thinking - oh, I love that one, then I'd see the next and think, no, I love *that* one, then I'd go to the next and think, no, *that* one!!!! :) I ended up realizing I like them all! Thanks for the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful they all are...I would be hard presssed to pick a favorite. Roses may be a lot of work, but so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those roses are gorgeous and I love their names!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I can smell those roses:). So lovely and interesting names.

    ReplyDelete